1. First! Our girls aged ATLEAST 5 years this week. And it all happened in a matter of minutes on one day. The day they got their hair cut. This has been a topic of discussion for awhile now. We even tried one time and left in tears and screams (them not me). It was a for sure no go that day. But soon they started talking about it again, then their friend got hers’ cut. The last straw has been the painful attempts of trying to comb “pool hair” out almost everyday. It was a battle of the wills between them and me and most times they won. The result has been a matted dreadlock mess. Thankful for perfect timing, I have a new friend that is an amazing hairdresser. The girls love her and the appointment went super smooth. Ahhhh. Sigh. Of. Relief. Although I did get a lump in my throat when I looked at the mounds of hair on the floor! I could have made a blanket! Not to mention my babies now look 10 years old.
2. This week I linked up with an amazing group of writers at Write It, Girl! I’ve joined them before and each time I am so encouraged by the comments I receive by other writers and by reading so many others good blogs! If you get a chance you should stop by. Read some great posts and comment if you’d like. I know they would appreciate your thoughts and words.
3. This week I found a little time and a little inspiration to get crafty. I completed this project I saw in pinterest forever ago. I’m planning on re-doing our living room. Time for change. Never really loved it in the first place. I’m hoping this little guy will find a place somewhere in our living room. I just painted a square board grey and then cut out leaves from scraps of fabric and modge podged those puppies right on. Easy peasey.
4. Next I want to make these for our kitchen. The towels we use now are seriously embarrassing. So stinky, stained and ugly. But when you clean up 189 spills a day that’s what you get. So I hesitate to get or make new ones when that is my reality. Still, I want something pretty. I’m thinking something like these would look lovely. And I just won’t let anyone touch them!
5. Next the kids and I are heading to my parents house for a week. I’m looking forward to help from the grandparents, lot of cousins time for the kids, a local festival that I’ve gone to forever, a visit to my grandparents cottage in the PA mountains and hanging out with lots of friends and family. Oh! I can’t wait!!!
Happy weekend friends!