1. The girls are coming up on some milestones and I don’t know which to tackle first. As mentioned before the potty training adventure was about to begin. And we even got closer this week with buying a pink little potty and some Dora underwear to add to our princess collection of underwear. Believe it or not we’ve had success with going number one without much effort on my part! Much clapping, dancing and celebrating was going on. I was thinking this might not be that bad. Then Theia decided to climb out of her bed and fall on her head. Found her laying flat on her back screaming her head off and poor thing was so stunned she didn’t know what to do. Now I’m thinking before Kaia follows her sister (which I have already seen her get pretty close) we may be switching to big girl beds. I was hoping we could wait till we move but I think we may suffer some major head injuries if we hold off too much longer. I know I can’t tackle big girl underwear and big beds at the same time. Dilemmas of a mommy. Suggestions welcomed!
2. Does anyone know what is happening a week from tonight? Something we are very excited for over here? How about the Olympics! Woo hoo! I must admit I am more of a fan of the summer Olympics but hey, the Olympics are the Olympics! Love the competition, the drama, the intensity and the unity. Here’s to watching a lot of TV in the next coming weeks. GO USA!
3. I got my sewing machine this week. I got a Singer Simple sewing machine. I didn’t do anything with it like I had hoped but what I am excited for is the year subscription for Martha Stewart Living magazine with my purchase. Yeah! This is a favorite of mine but I rarely buy it.
4. Next week we are having a role reversal in the Barela household. I am going on a trip and Brian is staying home with the kids for 4 days. I will going to wives conference for Campus Crusade and lucky me it’s in Newport Beach! I am very much looking to this break from normal life to refresh as a wife and mom, hang out with friends and sleep! Oh, yes I know I will miss my team but time away is good. Time for Daddy to be with kids without Mommy is good too. So if you think of pray for us next week as we are a little re arranged:)
5. Before I leave for my getaway I get to celebrate Brian’s birthday the day before. He’s a special man so are doing some special things this weekend together. I love celebrating birthdays, especially those I love the most! Birthday pics to come!