1. we have joined the community center and have already spent much time there. brian and i take turns in the morning working out. i’m enjoying an early morning cardio/strength class and have even met a few people. we also have taken full advantage of the indoor water park. not a bad way to spend 2 hours in the morning, swimming and splashing when it is snowing outside.
2. we tried out a church on sunday and we all loved it! the kids stayed in their own classes the entire time. this basically never happened in ohio for one reason or another. how refreshing to leave church after hearing an entire message and with smiles on our faces! we are looking forward to going back this weekend! here are the kids running into church.
3. we met the neighbors next door. she is a stay at home mom with 3 kids as well. she is very nice and welcoming. her middle child is the same age as mason. his name is saint. the girls have been getting confused and calling him satan. we’ll have to work on that one, but other than that i am thankful to have a fellow mom next door!
4. on wednesday evening we went to kindergarten orientation for new parents at mason’s future school. we both were really impressed with the school and the staff we met. mason was excited and nervous. it was fun to watch him interact with the other kids. he so wants to make new friends and go to school now! thinking about school next fall, (actually this summer because they start early august! what?) is a lot to take in but exciting at the same time.
5. yesterday evening we had our first relaxing evening at home together. the other evenings we have gone somewhere or we were still living among boxes and chaos. a big smile was on my face watching the kids play games and color, brian reading a magazine. this house has quickly become a home for us and my heart gives a sigh of relief. we made it.
give thanks to the lord for he is good. his love endures forever. psalm 136:1