1. One week from today we will be heading to “the city”, San Francisco that is, for the marathon weekend! Brian’s parents and nephew are coming to stay with the kids while Brian and I get a weekend away with our friends who are leaving their triplets behind and joining in the marathon weekend. I’m excited to stay in a hotel, be in the city, hang out with our friends sans kids, go to the race expo and of course run the race! I can’t believe it’s only 1 week away!!!
2. I LOVE CONTAINERS! And even more I love to make containers. Mason and I made 2 more today to store the random little legos that are always getting lost or that we are often stepping on. I use empty frosting, oatmeal, animal cracker containers or soup cans to create these handy little organizers. Pick your favorite scrapbook paper, cut it to size, label it, slap on some mod podge and you can organize anything and everything. I also like it because it’s a kid friendly craft, you can’t really mess it up.
3. Tomorrow I’m going to make one our family’s favorite Fall desserts called Pumpkin Roll. It’s so yummy and looks very pretty but really easy to make…here’s the recipe.
1 c sugar
2/3 c canned pumpkin
3/4 c flour
1 tsp each of salt, baking soda and cinnamon
Mix altogether and spread on greased wax paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 min at 350. Let it cool a bit (so you don’t burn your hands for next step). Lay out a clean dish towel on your work space and sprinkle heavily with powdered sugar. Flip the pumpkin cake onto the powdered sugar, remove wax paper, gently roll cake up in dish towel (starting with short end) and let cool.
While it’s cooling mix the following ingredients together for the filling:
2 Tb margarine
8 oz. cream cheese at room temp.
1 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Once your cake is completely cool, unroll it and spread with the filling. Roll it up again, without the dish towel and cut into slices. Enjoy!
Side note: this dessert freezes well:)
4. Next Wednesday is the girls 2nd birthday. We are having a Cupcake Party with a couple friends. I’m excited!
5. I had an awesome experience and opportunity this week that reminded of me why I love my job. Although our vocation is challenging and faith stretching I was reminded what a privilege it is as well. It made me very thankful. I needed this reminder.That’s it friends! Happy weekend! Aubrey