We have a busy but fun weekend ahead of us. Here is what we will be up to…
1. Tomorrow morning we are getting family pictures taken out and about in Chico. This is something we knew we wanted to do before we left to capture some of our favorite spots on film. Our staff team graciously gave us a photo session with a professional photographer as a going away gift! We are really excited for tomorrow, we have some fun ideas that hopefully we turn out!
2. Tomorrow afternoon I have a bridal shower for one of our students. We have known her and her fiance since they came to Chico State as freshman. They are graduating in a couple weeks and getting married at the end of the month. It’s been sweet to watch their relationship develop and grow over the last 4 years. This definitely is a perk being in college ministry!
3. We are having a date night with some friends Saturday evening. Literally we have been trying to coordinate schedules since the end of January! Crazy. I’m looking forward to spending an evening of adult conversation. There are 5 kids between our 2 families so usually there isn’t much adult conversation going on. I’m thankful to have sweet times like this with friends before we leave.
4. Sunday I’m helping with a baby shower for our friends who had their daughter a month ago. I love being a part of the planning process of a party. It makes me happy. Also, she is a dear friend and I’m happy to serve her in this way. And her daughter is the sweetest little peanut!
5. Lastly, Sunday night we are celebrating with our student leadership team in all that God has done this school year. This is by far my favorite meeting of the year. I love hearing how students saw God working in their own lives, through them and in others lives. It also gives me great joy and motivation to hear the excitement and anticipation for what they are trusting God will do next year.
So here is to a fun filled weekend! Hope yours is too!