The Haps aka The Happenings of the Barela Family
In no specific order of importance just how they popped into my head.
- We are T-minus 2The days and counting (loudly) days left in school. Mason is SO excited to be done! Our prayer for the last several weeks before he runs to the bus is that he would “finish strong” and he is doing just that. We are so proud of our almost 2nd grader.
- The girls are officially done with preschool. Preschool was a great experience for them as we saw them grow in their independence and confidence. Kindergarten could start tomorrow and they would be as happy as can be! And I might just feel the same way. I kid. I kid. (kind of) (not really)
- With summer coming upon us we are looking forward to lots of play dates, going to the community pool, meeting friends for picnics at the spray parks, cook outs and bonfires for dinner, later bedtimes, movie afternoons and just general down time!
- My new thing is drinking water with lemon, mint and cucumber in it. I make it the night before and let it sit in the fridge so it’s ready for the morning. Pinterest says it’s some sort of detox, if that’s the case than that’s a bonus, I just love the taste. My kids think I’m crazy. Because I drink it all day long, I joke that I am in a constant state of detox. Nice.
- I am not officially training for anything right now but I will let the cat out of the bag and tell you that the Chicago Marathon is on the horizon for the Fall. I am planning on doing it through Team World Vision. Just need to officially pull the trigger.
- I am loving my HelloMornings group for the summer. I am co-leading a group with a friend and it’s a group of us that have been together for awhile. Each morning I get be encouraged by them, learn with them and do life with them, even though we are scattered all over. We are studying the book of John and “meeting Jesus” each and every morning.
- The verse that I am repeating in my head these days (and sometimes aloud as well) “Wait on the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!” Psalm 27:4 As a family we have a been in a season of waiting. This verse has been a good one to hold on to.
- I just finished Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle. I cannot say enough good things about this book. Loved everything about it, it’s a must read! Now I am trying to figure out what’s next? Suggestions? I am not a reader, so go easy on me friends.
And that’s all for now. We are taking one day at a time around here, trusting Him with all that He has given us and pursuing Him with each step. Life can get overwhelming at times with the busyness of it all and then I find myself unfocused, scattered and basically a hot mess. Not the kind of wife or mom I want to be me. So I stop. Breathe. Refocus on Him. And with much prayer, proceed with His grace and wisdom going before me. Because really that is the only way to do this crazy thing called life.