1. Brian’s parents came for a 4 day visit. It has been awhile since the kids have had some good grandparent lovin’, especially from Bri’s parents so there were lots of hugs and kisses to be had. We had a great time playing, eating good food, watching the Olympics, enjoying Chico and even going on an unexpected afternoon date while the grandparents held down the fort. It’s always a treat for us to watch our kids light up when grandparents are around. Now the questions is, how did I go 4 days without taking a single pic of this experience? AHHHHH!
2. Unfortunately, during the grandparent visit we encountered our first sickness of the season. I know it’s pretty good that it’s almost March and we haven’t been sick yet but its making its round now. First, Mason got it and passed it Theia who quickly passed it to Kaia. Mason escaped with only a bad cough and snotty nose. The girls got that plus double ear infections and some fierce wheezing. So now we doing breathing treatments 4x a day to combat this nasty virus. Overall, we are doing ok and you have to admit they look pretty cute giving themselves their own breathing treatments! Such big girls!
3. We made the transition to toddler beds this week and surprisingly it has gone pretty well…at least at night. Naptime is now party/destroy our room time. There is no sleeping to be had. But I think that helps them fall asleep quickly at night. Afternoons are long right now because they only last in their room about an hour before they completely terrorize everything! I’ll admit I’m missing my 2 hour break from their sweet faces. On the flip side they are LOVING their big girl beds!
4. I finally got my new sewing machine all set up. I had fun figuring out how to do that one night. I was the only one awake and yes when I accomplished what I had set out to do and it actually worked I was doing a little happy dance, giving myself high fives. I wish I could say my first sewing project went as well. Not so much. I set out to do pajama pants made out of an old sheet. Let’s just say as of right now it looks like I made them for a really really fat, short person. I haven’t quite figured out what I did!
5. Often people ask me, “How do you blog with 3 small children?” Well it’s not easy, but enjoyable so I strive to keep up with it. Here is a pic of me right now trying to finish very quickly while 3 little people are eagerly waiting for my undivided attention.
Have a great weekend!