1. Monday brought a huge surprise to us SNOW! I know seriously, wasn’t I just outside raking leaves in shorts and a tshirt? Yes, yes I was. Welcome to Indiana. But honestly, did not mind at all. It got me excited just a bit for the season to come. So much so that I’ve been playing Christmas ever since. Oh yes I have. It only took the girls 2 minutes after seeing the snow to get out there and run around. I love this pic!
2. This little number is now on our counter top. A while back our coffee pot broke. So we started using the pour over method. This makes great coffee and we are kind of cofee snobs but for a multi tasking mom this is not my preferred method. I’ve been working on Brian to switch back to the good old coffee pot but he has been reluctant. Finally, we made the switch, went BIG (major sarcasm) and bought a $15 coffee pot from Wal Mart. But let me tell you it is programmable, it makes great coffee and I love it. I am so happy about my morning coffee right now. I tell you it’s the little things.
3. This week I made these peanut butter and banana muffins fromt the Deceptively Delicious cookbook and they were a-maz-ing. And to top it off they are good for you too. I altered the recipe slightly. Instead of cauliflower puree I added butternut squash. I also added wheat germ just because, so I increased the banana puree so they wouldn’t get dry. Perfecto-mundo! I will definitely be making these again!
4. When it comes to Thanksgiving dinner I am the appetizer gal. Works for me because I could eat a meal of only appetizers. As you may have guessed I have beens scouring pinterest for some scrumptious apps. I found this pin the other day…all kinds of dips. Yes, that is all you need to say. I am in. I’m thinking some sort of cheesey dip and then a carmel dip with apples. Sweet AND salty therefore everyone will be happy until the real spread of food comes out!
5. We took a family trip to Wal Mart this week for eye appointments for Brian and I. I am basically blind and very much need glasses. Been wearing glasses since second grade, got contacts in sixth grade. It’s a part of who I am. Brian on the other hand barely qualifies for glasses but gets them more for a fashion statement. Haha, yes this is true. But let me be the first to say, he looks mighty fine in glasses so I’m all for it. We decided to order glassess from Warby Parker. They are priced reasonably, have a great selection and best when you purchase a pair they give a pair away to someone who needs them. Love this. Can’t wait to get them! Pictures coming soon…
Happy Friday friends! Enjoy your weekend. Do some relaxing, it’s good for you!