1. Are any of you other moms out there getting tired of being asked 5,000 times a day “can I have a piece of candy?” From the moment they finish breakfast till the moment before bedtime! After a week and half of this it’s gets to be a little much. This is by far my least favorite part of Halloween. Well I am about to impart a little secret to help with this problem. Drum roll please….. Candy brownies! Have your kids pick out their favorite chocolate candies (twix, snickers, milky way etc). Have them select quite a few and let them know they are going to get to eat them ALL. Chop them all up or throw them into your food processor. Make some brownie batter, pour all that chopped up candy into the batter and bake as normal. NEXT: this is key don’t miss it. While the brownies are baking THROW THE REST OF THE CANDY AWAY. This is the end of the question asking because now you all get to enjoy yummy brownies with lots of candy in them. The pan of brownies will be gone by the end of the weekend. At least this is true in our house. End of story with the Halloween candy. You are welcome.
2. My husband took a couple days off of work due to several weeks of heavy travel. Yay! I had just gotten the girls off to school when he called and asked what I was doing. I said I had exciting plans of cleaning the house and catching up on some email. Then the sweetest words came out of his mouth. “The kids are all at school, why don’t we hang out and get some coffee?”. Um, do I want to hang out with my husband in the middle of the day on a Thursday with no kids? Well, of course! Who wants to clean the house? Not I. We went to the mall and walked around and talked and just enjoyed each other. In the middle of the day. On a Thursday. Wonderful.
3. At the mall I found some killer boots at Urban Outfitters. I’m always looking for the perfect boot for me. This is hard to come by for a gal like me when I am not quite 5 feet tall. That’s right, you read correctly. 4’ll to be exact. Most high boot are WAY too high for me and take up 75% of my leg. Not kidding. So this makes for a very awkward look. But not these boots. These boots were pret-ty awesome. I subtly, not so subtly reminded Brian that my birthday was 3 weeks away. Hint. Hint. Oh and you can’t see it in the pic but the best part is there is a zipper that runs all the way up the back. Love it.
4. At Allume (the blogging conference I attended 2 weeks ago) I came home with a ton of books from my swag back and then more just given away throughout the weekend. Pretty nice! So many. Most of them I am really excited. Here are my top 4 choices that I would like to read first. Have you read any of these? Any of these on your list?
5. Lastly, I took this picture this week. I love it. I love the colors and the background but more than anything it’s what the picture says. This is Theia following Mason. She LOVES her big brother. She looks up to him in so many ways and hangs on his every word. Yes, they butt heads quite often but she is always the one asking when Mason is going to be home from school. They aren’t just brother and sister but friends.
Friends, how is it Friday again already? I do not know. None the less, I am happy to welcome in another weekend! Enjoy!