1. Mason is becoming a rock star at reading. Last week for the first time, on his own initiation he read a book to the girls. Precious. Wish I would have gotten a picture. But…I didn’t. To help encourage him in his reading we call grandparents and friends and he reads to them over the phone or skype. He gets good practice and of course whoever is listening loves it! It’s a win win.
2. I did this little project over the weekend with the help of my mom. There used to be a janky, folding door that went into our bathroom. One of the kids dismantled it. I wasn’t too sad because it was ugly to begin with it. Instead of putting the ugly door back up I made a curtain with material I had on hand. I like the way it looks. The only downside is that there isn’t much ventilation. So our bathroom turns into a sauna. I just want to say thank you children for ripping our ugly door off. You motivated me to do something cuter. Again, a win!
3. My brother and sister-in-law and their 3 kids are coming to visit this weekend. I absolutely LOVE when the kids get to spend time with their cousins. It’s wild, crazy, very loud and fun. I hope these early memories of hanging out with each other will be fondly remembered someday when we they are teenagers and when it will be different kind of wild, crazy fun!
4. I am finally finally FINALLY getting started on the quilts for the girls future bunk beds. I bought the fabric this summer and it has just been sitting in my closet waiting patiently for me to find the motivation to do something with it. Well the time was come. I washed and ironed it. Last night a friend who has more experience than me (I have none, so really anyone who has done anything is helpful) came over to help me lay it all out and come up with a pattern. I’m going to do a block quilt of some sort with all kinds of fun fabrics. I love fabric too much to land on just a few so I went with ALOT and I love them all! I started cutting blocks last night. I stayed up way too late cutting and even had a dream about cutting fabric. When I get going on something I have a tendency to go a little extreme. Anyways, stay tuned…and be patient!
5. And I just can’t get enough of this picture. So I will share it with you all. Oh, I just love them! Now it’s time for me and these girls to go grocery shopping. We have NO food in this house. Menu planning and grocery shopping are not high on my list of things I love to do but we all like to eat around here. So a mom’s gotta do, what a mom’s gotta do. With suckers in hand for my “helpers” off we go!