1. So first and foremost the weather has pretty much been amazing this week. Yesterday the kids played outside for 3 hours, most of the time with no coats! I think this weather is probably going to wreak havoc on all of our springtime flowers and bushes but I’m not complaining. Here is a pic of the kids and their friends in a line up for one of the MANY bike races I was the judge for.
2. My mother-in-law sent us a little care package this week. I just love when she does this! She is an amazing finder at thrift stores. Always finding little treasures and I often benefit. One of her latest finds was a bundle of super cute fabric scraps for $1! Yep, $1! Oh, she knows me so well. I don’t know what I am going to do yet, but I am motivated to start a new project quick with some of these amazing fabrics! So here is a shout out to the best mother-in-law…thanks for thinking of me and sending me some love!
3. We had one of our new faves for dinner last night. It’s rather healthy, makes a lot and is super easy to make. And oh yeah, it is gooood! Just dump a can of black beans, can of Rotel, can of corn, a whole thing of cream cheese and then a bag of frozen chicken tenderloins on top (or several chicken breast). And I add some taco seasoning to it as well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours in your crockpot. We’ve had it served over rice, in burritos or just dip chips in it. You’ll have plenty for leftovers so you can try it several ways. Here’s the link for more details. Creamy chicken goodness in a crockpot (I came up with that name myself. Pretty clever, huh?)
4. We are going over to our friends house for the Superbowl and I am waaaay excited. Definitely more excited about making and eating fun food than the game itself but whatever. I’ll catch bits of the game as I am sampling all the yumminess. Here is one thing I think I am going to bring. Peanutbutter cheese ball. You had me at the name. You had me at the name. Can’t wait to try this!
5. My friend and I are co-hosting a neighborhood Valentine’s Day party. I’m really excited to get to know our neighbors more and enjoy some games and fun treats together. I think I will be making these and playing this game!