1. miss theia gives me a run for my money each and everyday with her choice of wardrobe. it doesn’t matter what i suggest she will choose the exact opposite. most days she wants to be dressed to a “T” by 7:30 am with dress/skirt, tights, shirt and sparkly shoes. doesn’t matter that we spend most days at home. she doesn’t believe in what we affectionately call and live in most days “comfy clothes”. Today though it was a bathing suit. It actually was fairly warm so she got away with it. If she just didn’t have that smile that melts my heart…
2. i’ve been creating a certain “look” in my head for the girls room and i finally had some time to put it into action. i LOVED how it turned out. i did some painting and embroidering last night to finish things up and here is what i came up with. i love the look of fabric of in embroidery hoops. what is really special is that 2 of these are my great grandmas hankies. she passed away when i was 14 but i still can see her face in my head and remember her smell and the feel of her big, squishy hugs. you know, exactly how a great grandma’s hug is supposed to feel. it is special to me to have some of her things in my daughters room.
3. i had the opportunity to go home to ohio this week to be with my dad after his shoulder surgery. i am so thankful to be close to family that i can be a part of things like this and not wish from a long distance that i was there. the surgery went great and he is on the road of a successful recovery. i so enjoyed hanging out with my parents, seeing my brother and his family, visiting with grandparents and enjoying some “me” time. yes, all in about 36 hours.
4. next week as a family we are taking part in a 6 week program at our church called northview university. the class that brian and i will be taking is called worldview 101. we will be learning how to develop and consistently live out our christian worldview. it sounds good to me, interesting and all. i’m looking forward to actually use my head in an intellectual way. that doesn’t happen too much these days. more than anything i am excited about the opportunity to meet more people. the kids will be in their own little program as well where they will be learning about sharing…hmmmm i think we might be able to use this a bit:)
5. and last but not least…one more piece of our former california life is changed…we have indiana license plates. we are officially official.