1. I’m in the process of creating some patio furniture for us. My dad gave me an old library table that I painted grey and weather proofed. Now I’m hoping to hit up some garage sales for some mismatched wooden chairs that I want to paint in citrus colors. Got this fun color combo from my new love Pinterest. Good for so many things! Anyway, that has been my project of week. And someday soon when the rain stops and the sun shines again we will be able to actually use this furniture. That is of course if we haven’t built an ark and floated away by then.
2. I was making some more of the the shirt pom poms last night for the girls room. The girl were all up in my business “helping”me and I got the idea to make some accessories for them out of the shirts. We made necklaces and headbands out of some scraps I cut. They LOVED them and are wearing proudly. Simple, fun idea for your girlies if you have some old tshirts or fabric.
3. We have a fun weekend ahead of us. My brother and sister in law and their 3 kiddos are coming to stay! We are so excited to have them. We are looking forward to lots of laughs, craziness with 6 kids, food, hopefully swimming, bonfire and good old fashioned family time! Can’t wait!
4. I just ordered volume 6 of the Seeds Family Worship. This one is Seeds of Character, gotta be good! We have volume 1 memorized and I’m happy to say I hear these wonderful little songs of truth being sung through out the house at times. This has been the best way for our family to learn and enjoy scripture. If you don’t know about them already please check them out. Awesome!
5. Mason recently got a nerf gun. It’s something he has been wanting and waiting patiently for since Christmas. This past weekend we surprised him and took him to Target and got him one. His smile and thankful heart were priceless. This is what I try and hold on to when I am being shot at multiple time throughout the day. In hopes of decreasing the likelihood of me being the target I made several targets and put them in various places around the house. Can’t really say it helped me. Really it just increased the “fun factor” in the decorations of our house. More importantly he’s have a blast with his new toy. And I’m seriously considering getting my own nerf gun. The best offense is good defense, right?