1. Today we are going to either the zoo or the train museum in Sacramento, depending on the weather. Just waiting to see what happens. Either way I’m looking forward to an outing with the kids, even the 1 1/2 hour road trip. I like adventures with the kids. We are meeting up with my friend Kyra and her 2 yr. old triplets. Guaranteed we will have some fun stories and some great pics!
2. Yesterday I took to the kids to the local “big” park in town. We walked across the bridge and watched the waterfall, we threw rocks, collected leaves and acorns, watched squirrels woodpeckers, we ran and walked, held hands, jumped in the water (Miss Kaia), we talked, asked questions and answered them, we planned an art project with our treasures, we laughed, got dirty. We savored the Fall day. And then we went home.
3. I’ve been learning relearning some new things about walking in Holy Spirit. How it’s a moment by moment surrender of my will, how confession is a must and how it’s hard at times, a lot times, to do but what I’m called to do. It’s obedience. I like what I’m learning.
4. The husband and Daddy of the house has been gone again this week. But we are having a good week. For this I’m thankful! But I will be ready with open arms on Sunday to welcome our King home.
5. Last night we had the best dinner! French toast, turkey sausage patties and fruit salad. I used a recipe from Deceptively Delicious for the french toast. There was butternut squash in the batter and it was very good. I’ve been getting pretty sneaky with veggies and I’m having much success:)