1. I’ve made this quiche a couple times in the last 2 weeks for breakfast and it is a hit with everyone! I love it because it’s easy, healthy and full of protein so the kids aren’t asking for Goldfish by 8:30 am! I added broccoli and zucchini to mine just get some veggies in. It could work for any meal of the day I think.
2. This week we made thankful turkeys. Simple construction paper turkeys with feathers that I wrote things the kids were thankful for. First we covered all the toys they were thankful for then at the end they decided they were thankful for each other. Pretty cute:)
3. How about orange is one of my frequents blogs that I get crafty inspirations from or really cool, free downloads. She shares a ton of stationary, desktops, labels etc. Great site! She also designs her own fabric which is awesome!
4. Last night I took the kids shopping to fill a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child. We went to the Dollar Store and picked out all kinds of goodies. It was interesting and a little difficult explaining why and what we were doing. I think Mason kind of got it but not so much the girls. I want to give the kids an early start on thinking of others and having a grateful heart. The best part for the kids was filling the box with all of the stuff we picked out. I love thinking of the little guy that will open that box up on Christmas morning!
5. Do you know about “the fight” tomorrow night? The boxing fight that is. Yeah, neither did I until last weekend when we watched a special on TV about the 2 fighters. It was a show following both fighters through their training schedules, their personal lives and all the hype that goes along with the fight. I’m not one who is normally into boxing but now that I know about these boxers and their families I am emotionally invested and have found myself thinking about the fight this week. Crazy I know! I’m not going to pay $60 bucks or anything to watch the fight on TV but I will be looking to see who wins:)