1. My super smart, social media savvy husband found a new app that he know I would love called Instagram. And yes I do love it. You can take pics with your phone and then put cool filters on the photo. It makes your photos look like you have a little bit of skills in taking pics when you really don’t! Yep, that’s me. Check this photo out that I took of Kaia and Theia. Love their expressions!
2. I found this great new blog this week called Inspired to Action. I’m enjoying it because it has done just as it title says…it has inspired me to take action as a wife and a mom. To step up to the plate and take seriously the great and awesome call I have to be Brian’s wife and Mason, Kaia and Theia’s mom. She has a free ebook called Maximize your Mornings. I downloaded it myself and taking some time to read through it. I would encourage you to do the same if you are wanting some encouragement in this area. Click on the button below. There are lots of other good things on the blog plus the author Kat has awesome taste in music…JJ Keller…just like me!
3. We had some very special visitors last week come and stay with us…Brian’s parents, Grandma Marilyn and Grandpa! We got to have them here for a whole week and it was just wonderful. I mean besides the fact that there were FOUR grandparents eager to take care of 3 beautiful kids (awesome!) we had so much fun showing them around, bringing them into our life in Ohio. They joined us for story time and bible study, they visited Amish country, went to some local restaurants and most of all just enjoyed being together. Oh, how we miss them! We are so thankful for the special time we had. Pictures are to come
4. My dad had complete shoulder replacement surgery on Monday. It’s a pretty big deal of a surgery but I am happy to say he is doing awesome and on the road to recovery like a champ. It’s been interesting to watch the different reactions of each of the kids towards “Pa”. Mason is the big helper, wanting to do anything and everything to help and asking every question to better understand what exactly happened. Kaia is also helpful but in such a caring way. She’ll pat my dad’s arm, bring him water and say encouraging words when he is doing his exercises. Theia is also concerned but shows it from a distance. She observes from afar, asks me questions but not Pa, gives me kisses to give Pa but has yet to touch him. This experience has shown me that each of our kids has caring heart for others and desires to help it just comes out differently. And that is ok.
5. It’s hard to believe but the girls are turning 3 next week! Oh my goodness 3 years ago I was sitting on the couch watching the clock…waiting…waiting…waiting. And then when it happened we somehow were still completely shocked! I’m excited to celebrate my big girls. A princess castle is all they have been talking about since they went to their friends birthday party last March. So that will be one thing. I’m also thinking about these cutie shoes from Target…shopping for my girls is too fun!