1. There are a ton of yellow squash in the garden and we don’t know what to do with them. I found this recipe and made it last week. I can’t say it was a huge hit but it was edible and we used up 3 of the many squash. Any other recipes using yellow squash?
2. This past Saturday we went to the wedding of my childhood friend and neighbor. I met Maggie when she was just 2 and now she is a married girl. We had a great time with my parents and brother and sister-in-law. There was a live 80′s band! It was so fun. Lots of unique little details that caught my eye. Made me want to get married all over again (to the same wonderful man of course) just to plan a wedding! Here is a pic of us enjoying a night out!
3. This coming Saturday we are celebrating Mason’s birthday along with one of my nephews and niece. They are all with in a week of each other so we decided to do one big family party. It’ll be part Star Wars (guess who that is for?) part baseball and part circus animals. Ha ha! It should be fun. Oh, and I forgot to mention the dance competition that will be held that the boys have been planning. It’s sure to be unforgettable.
4. We went to a butterfly sanctuary this week and it was so cool. It’s a big green house with lots of plants, butterflies and caterpillars. You can feed the butterflies, look at ones under a microscope, see the different stage of cocoons and just sit watch the butterflies all around you. We all loved it!
5. Last week the kids and I took and impromptu to trip to meet up with Brian in Indy. While we were there we visited the Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA). It was only my second trip to an art museum and the kids first. We had a fun time exploring some new territory, talking about what art is and taking some fun pics! I am looking forward to do this more often in the future.