It’s been awhile but here are 5 snippets from us.
1. We took the kids to see Dispicable Me today. It was our first family movie and it went really good. Minus the part when Kaia was climbing the stairs up and down, counting all the way and when I found Theia lying belly down on the floor scooping up popcorn into her mouth by the handfuls:) The movie was absolutely wonderful, one of my new favorites. We laughed the whole way through. Mason was the loudest laugher in the whole theater. Ahhh, best sound ever!
2. As I mentioned before we are house sitting in Indy right now. It’s a great house in a great neighborhood with a community pool. Score! But the best part for us has been their dog Jack. We are a dog family and have been counting the days till we can have one ourselves. Still counting, Anyways, we have all enjoyed Jack, especially the kids. He has been the 4th musketeer and goes right along with whatever they are doing. Brian and I have really enjoyed watching the kids love on Jack. It gives us a glimpse of what may be someday.
3. Brian and I have noticed the kids have reached a new level of communicating with one another. The girls understand what Mason is saying and asking for. The have more of an imagination and can play along better. Mason is growing in his patience and negotiating skills. All of this has resulted in longer play times together and just more talking in general (didn’t think it could really increase). It also has resulted in senseless arguing and bickering back and forth. I didn’t think this stage would start so early but it is here and we are wading through it drowning in it. Any suggestions for how to nip this in bud? I am open.
4. It is kinda for surreal to be in Indy right now, thinking that soon this will be our new home. I can see ourselves here but…then some days I don’t. Maybe just because I don’t know the house we will live in, the neighborhood we will prayerfully make friends in, the church we will go to, where we will hang out as family??? So many unknowns. I know that God knows. I just wonder when He will let us know?
5. Recently my thoughts and prayers have been for dear friends of ours who are leading a summer project in South Africa. They left for a 28 hour journey on Wednesday evening with their soon-to-be 3 year old triplets. They are leading a team of students for the next 6 weeks to share the Gospel with students in South Africa. How exciting! What an amazing opportunity for their family. I can’t wait to hear how they are doing and what is happening over there. If you think of it will you pray for them. I know they would appreciate it. Here is their website they will hopefully be updating along the way.Thank you!