a little bit more about us…
1.There are 2 pets that are part of the Barela family. We have a fancy tailed goldfish cleverly named Basketball by Mason. Basketball is round and orange with bits of black…you see Basketball fits just perfectly! Basketball was a gift to Mase on his 2nd birthday. He’s been with us for awhile and is a fixture in our playroom. The newest member of our family is Samuel Gardener aka Sammy G. He is a leopard gecko and joined our family on Mason’s 4th birthday. He eats meal worms and crickets. He has suffered a severed tail from Mase which grew back in a really weird way. But he has won our hearts and we are all oddly attached to this cute lizard!
- Here’s a pic when we first got Sammy G. He’s much bigger now with a weird lookin’ tail.
2. We are big fans of cereal over here. And more than that we like mixtures of cereal. Each morning we mix at most 4 cereals together. I love getting a little bit of a many because I love cereal so much I just can’t decide on one. The kids have fallen suit and put in their requests each morning with what concoction they want.
3. One of our favorite family shows is Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel which we randomly get with our basic cable plan. Score! It’s a great show that is so gross and entertaining at the same time.
4. Dance parties are a daily occurrence in our house. Sometimes it’s all of us, sometimes it’s just the kids or Mase and I but Mason is always a part of the dancing. And let me tell you this boy has some moves. Not quite sure where this talent has come from? (Hopefully some video footage of this will be coming soon.) Dancing, loud music and just being carefree can almost always cure a case of the grouchies. You should try it:)
5. Did you know we are moving in less than 3 months?!? I know.