Today is my 32nd birthday! Yeah for me! I absolutely love my birthday. Not in a selfish conceited way but I just love that this is my day to celebrate. I get lots of hugs and birthday wishes, extra love and some gifts. It makes me feel super special.
When I was younger I didn’t think about what it would be like when I was 32. But, I can say this I didn’t think it would be this great! I love my life and where God has me right now.
But…there are some things that surprise me about my life.
- I never imagined having legos, dinosaurs and matchbox cars in my shower, stepping over them and not thinking twice about it.
- Almost always ending the day with snot, spit, already chewed food and other bodily secretions on my clothes.
- Only having a handful (like less than 5) of nights that I have slept 8 hours straight in the last 5 years.
- Making dinner for a family of 5 almost every night and it not being a major ordeal.
- Getting up at 6am if I want some alone time.
- A trip to the grocery store alone with my ipod is completely enjoyable and even fun!
- I have been that mom and I have had those kids on the airplane, at the restaurant, doctors and the park.
- Being completely overjoyed when someone went poop on the potty.
- I find myself singing along to Veggie Tales even when I don’t have the kids in the car.
- I am super sneaky and creative when it comes to adding veggies to meals.
- How can a little person who is a part of you and who you love so much make you so mad?
- I am rarely out of the house past 8pm and almost always sleeping by 10pm.
- I have become quite skilled at the pretend games of dinosaurs, pirates, helicopter rescues, kitchen and baby.
- I never knew I could love 3 people so much from the moment I saw them and it grows every day.
- A hug and a kiss from my kids is best thing and so rewarding.
- Being a mom is the by far the toughest thing I have ever done and I am certain will ever do.
- I appreciate my parents that much more.
- A man that I “randomly” met in New Jersey became my boyfriend, then shortly after my fiance and soon my husband. Eight years later we love each more now than I thought possible and we have the most amazing family together!
- I am walking with the Lord, closer than ever and seeing my need for him more and more each day.
I love my life.