10 reasons I am ready for the weather to change according to the runner in me
1. I’m getting older and my joints just ache when I am done with a run. I take way too many aspirin these days.
2. I am tired of washing my running gloves after each because they are full of snot. Come on, my nose isn’t the only one that runs constantly as I am running.
3. I want the local water fountains to be turned back on so I can run different routes and not the same one where I know I can I get a drink at the gym. Yes, I am too lazy to carry water with me. And I get annoyed with the swishing noise.
4. My energy chews are rock hard, frozen when I try to eat them on my long runs. I practically break my jaw trying to eat them.
5. Though my whiter than white legs may scare all animals (and people) from my path I am so ready to wear shorts to run in. I do believe I am faster in shorts.
6. I can’t get in a hot shower fast enough when I get home from a run to thaw out. I normally like to hang out a bit and cool down, stretch, whatever. Now my family probably doesn’t appreciate the smell that is permeating from me but they deal.
7. When it is just too cold I hit the indoor track. I’ve put more miles on that track than I can count. I’m done going in circles.
8. I like to listen to music while I run and I am forever having problems with my headphones staying in my ears with my beanie on! All I want to do is listen to Justin Bieber with no hassle:)
9. To keep my feet warm and dry from snow and ice I will put baggies over my socks before I put my shoes on. It really does help but I would prefer to not run with baggies on my feet.
10. The warmer the weather the more people you see out there with you. So when it’s cold and wet and I’m out there alone I begin to confirm my craziness. I like to see my fellow runners out there with me.
I’m done complaining now. I have nothing else to add except for the fact that I am just ready for warm weather. Plain and simple. Come on warm weather where are you?!?