these pretty little violets that cover our front yard
2 little girls that love to pick them
friends coming over for dinner
opportunities to serve at our new church
to be able to spend mothers day with my mom
a husband that is willing to make a quick trip to ohio to make that happen
unexpected ways God provides for us
family time eating cookies together
i got this guy back home after a week of travel.
1 happy wife and 3 happy kids.
even when dealing with sickness AGAIN there is much to be thankful for.
1. kids that make drive me crazy at times but make me continuously laugh out loud.
2. dear friends from all over that will pray for me/us at a moments notice.
3. a new pediatrician that rocks and an ER experience that went smoothly.
4. a husband that knows me so well, like a new pair of shoes will really help me get through this week on my own:)
5. early mornings to myself. a good sweat. hot coffee. time alone with to think and listen and pray.
* although the ice storm we had was dangerous to drive in, caused problems and kept us in doors for 2 days. it was beautiful to look at.
* even though i am a mess, flawed, a work in progress. He sees me as righteous, holy and chosen
* a fun and productive “girls only” outing with my mom and the girls this morning. out first time out of the house since monday!
* recovering from the flu in a rather short time. thankful for helpful husband and parents to take care of the kiddos while i was down and out.
* super cute bed sheets and pillows for the girls new beds half off!
* my mom. she’s fun, helpful, supportive of me in so many ways.
1. a beautiful clean swimming pool to do morning work outs in. it is so refreshing to swim in the morning!
2. love the unique personalities of each of our kids. they are so funny at times. i am thankful for all the ways they make us laugh.
3. sunny days, even when it is still frrrreeeezing! sun makes all the difference.
4. love what i’m learning in bible study about righteousness and it’s direct connection to my faithfulness and obedience. good stuff.
5. our kids stayed with a babysitter last friday night. no problems. and they were all asleep when we got home. how nice was it to come home to a quiet house at end of the night. small miracle.
well it’s snowy and cold and we’ve been in the house pretty much all week. so this is a good discipline to remember what i am thankful for. there is still lots. here are a few.
- new boots that are keeping my feet warm and dry and they look pretty good too. if i do say so myself.
- the path to purchasing a new house remains clear and all things are moving along smoothly!
- the opportunity to be home with my kids everyday.
- encouraging words from friends.
- carmel delight fiber one cereal.
- a husband that thinks outside of the “normal world” box which therefore encourages me to do the same.
- lots and lots and lots of decorating inspiration online. gets me so excited!
- His Word that continues to gently steer me towards Him each and every day.
- His forgiveness.
And you? What are thankful for?
1. pandora. right now i love third day holiday station.
2. all the family and friends we have to send christmas cards too. and i am thankful they are all in the mail!
3. only have one more gift to buy and i know exactly what i’m getting! woo hoo!
4.making new christmas memories and continuing long standing traditions.
5. my dad who lets us park our car in the garage while his sits out in the freezing cold.
6. answered prayers in unexpected ways.
7. a friend that i can call up at pretty much anytime for anything and it’s really ok. though it feels like she is right next door she is far away. but i am so thankful for her friendship. she gets me:)
belated butterscotch pie from my grandma
lots of birthday wishes all day long
a husband that is safely across the world
a helpful and caring dad
a mom full of surprises because she loves me that much
a core group of friends that pray for me and my family consistently
the christmas season to celebrate all that He has done!
much to be thankful for today and everyday.
enjoy your day of giving thanks to Him.