There is something about a new year that inspires me to get a move on things that I have been putting off for awhile. I guess this is not abnormal now that I type it out. So really I’m just like most others that jump on the band wagon of getting their act together on January 1. Make that January 2. Here are some things I have been thinking about that I want to make an effort to do.
1. Read through the Bible this year. I have never done it. Tried many times. Maybe this year will be the year. Hope so.
2. Continue on in my pursuit of memorizing Romans 8. I’m waaaaaay behind with the group that I started with but I’ve decided to keep chugging along and not let those first 7 seven verses I so diligently worked on go by the wayside.
3. I want to read more. I’m not even going to even say a number of books because honestly I average ONE a year. So anything more than that would be a success in my mind.
4. I want to pursue blogging more. Some sort of schedule. Maybe linking up with others on certain days. I’m open to any and all ideas. Honestly , it all kind of intimidates me so I just have to start with something and then feel the freedom to tweak it.
5. I’m running a marathon in June. I would like to challenge myself in my training with speed workouts, hills etc.
6. As a family I would like us to memorize a verse each month. Something simple for the kids to get, but we are doing it all together.
7. And like the past several years I have chosen a word or two to focus on throughout the year. I’ll announce those words later this week….let the suspense rise….
Hmmmm? Am I biting off more than I can chew? Well maybe. Maybe not. But one day at a time, with lots of grace for myself. Even if I don’t accomplish this all with an A+ I will still be satisfied with something from each goal.
What things are you going after this year? Let’s inspire each other!