So you may or may not have heard about this crazy phenomenon going on around YouTube called the Harlem Shake. A couple of college student made a random 30 second video of one person dancing with others in the room but paying no attention to the dancing then the video cuts and everyone is wildly dancing with crazy costumes and props. There is no purpose to it whatsoever other than it is FUN.
Well the our family made one and it was awesome! Here are five reasons why I think you should do the same with your family.
1. It’s fun! It’s good to show our kids that we as adults can be silly, crazy and fun. Those are all good qualities to have and ones we want to show our kids.
2. It’s creative! We loved seeing the kids come up with ideas of how the wanted to dress and dance. They all had their own style.
3. Teamwork! It’s good to learn to work together as a team when you are family.
4. Be spontaneous! All too often I get caught up in our schedule and what we should be doing when. This little deal was not planned but merely discussed over our Valentines dinner and then we just decided to do it. Right. Then.
5. Why not?!? Do something that has no purpose but that will be a great memory maker for your family.
What are you waiting for? Go make your own Harlem Shake video and please link it up here in the comments. Have fun and make memories!
And without further ado….The Harlem Shake Barela style!