1. New for 2013 I started writing one thing that happened during the day. It could be simple, funny, a hard thing, blessing whatever. Just one thing that stands out to me. My goal is to keep this up all year long then come 2014 I will go back to the January 1 card and start over. I think it will be fun to go back and remember the different things that happened on that day. Who knows if I am really on the ball, over the year the cards will be full of all kinds of things! When I am old and grey (or grey-er) the kids will one day look over the cards and get a snapshot of our days long ago. Haha…that just all sounds kind of funny but it could be cool so I’m going with it.
2. Did a little skateboarding decorating in Mase’s room last week. The old skateboards were give to me by the local skate shop and BOOM we made two shelves and a coat rack. Love it. Happy boy and happy mom because his room finally has some sort of direction and style. I’m sure I was the only bothered by the lack of decor but it’s all good now!
3. I eye spied in my neighbors yard some pallets the other day. You know how I love myself some pallets! So like any normal, upstanding citizen I hopped the fence and helped myself. Haha, I kid. I kid. I asked first then I hopped the fence and picked out 3 pallets: 1 big one and 2 small ones. I have never seen “baby” pallets! They are too cute! I have some ideas rolling around in my head so you’ll just have to wait and see!
4. You may remember this post where I told you were implementing Lego jars for behavior. Much to my surprise we have stuck with it and even better we have seen a change in the kids behavior. They are highly motivated by Legos, I tell you! The girls recently filled their jars for the first time, Mase is getting close. For Kaia’s reward she chose to have a friend over for dinner and movie in their jammies. Theia chose ice cream with Daddy. In the last minute she begged for Kaia to come along. I guess when you’re a twin you get to enjoy double rewards.
5. Really this picture says it all. Life with my girls is always an adventure.
Have a one of a kind weekend friends! Don’t miss out, there are good things to come of it I’m sure!