The first week of school edition.
5 observations from our first week.
1. This year was WAAAAY easier than last year. There were no tears this year. I wasn’t left crying at the bus stop like last year but waving and smiling proudly as the bus drove away. And I’m not gonna lie, as much as I miss him I was ready for school to begin. It was time. That’s all I will say.
2. It is fun to see how much his confidence has grown in the last year. He knows the school, the procedures, the people and what to expect. Just knowing this stuff goes a long way.
3. Mase is able to answer ALL my questions this year. Last year I could hardly get him to say much in the first few weeks of school. Kind of drove me crazy. I think he was overwhelmed with all the newness and the last thing he wanted to do was come home and answer 5 billion questions from mommy. But not this year! He’s hanging right in there with my questions and even offering info on his own. And I’ve learned, from last year to ease off the questions a bit. He will tell me everything when he’s ready. Patience. Mom. Patience.
4. Coming into this school year I knew I wanted to have a better morning routine. Last year, when we only had 2 mornings a week we could pretty much wing it. But 5 days a week this year, we need our game faces on and be more prepared. It just makes for a better start for both of us. This week we did great. Hoping that continues.
5. Lastly, I can’t help to think what next year will look like when I put all three kids on the bus. I’m sure once again, I will be a mess at the bus stop as my neighbors awkwardly look at me. Then I will somehow make it back to our house, do the ugly cry and slobber on Brian’s shoulder and beg him not to go to work so I won’t be all alone in house ALL DAY. Ok, well maybe it won’t be that bad. Maybe. But I know it will be hard and different but good too. For now I am choosing to not think about it. It’s more fun to enjoy this special time I have with my girls right now. Which reminds me…I promised we would play princesses.
Happy weekend friends!