1. This week I had the opportunity to go into Mason’s classroom twice. Once, with Brian for a parent teacher conference and the second time to volunteer during “center time”. Both times I left the school with a big smile on my face and feeling very proud of our boy. It is so fun to hear about or see Mason’s personality in a different setting other than at home with us. It’s encouraging to hear that he is putting into practice the things we are teaching at home like kindness, respect and responsibility. Yes, I am bragging at bit but you know as a parent sometimes you just wonder “Am I really do anything right here?” And then you get some affirmation and it just feels good. The end.
2. Every now and then the girls will ask about getting their ears pierced. It kind of comes and goes quickly and I haven’t pushed it much because I don’t really want to deal it. But lately it has become a daily
hourly request. A couple of their friends have them done so they see the prettiness that could be on their ears. This has led to conversations about acting like a “big girls” because only “big girls” get to have their ears pierced. And wouldn’t you know it, this little reminder has curbed the drama in the house a bit. We haven’t decided when/if we will be piercing any ears for sure but for now I’m going to enjoy the lack drama throughout the day.
3. This week I did a little decorating for Valentines Day. I don’t normally do anything but I could not pass up some cute ideas I saw on Pinterest. Here is something simple for a our mantel. Love the red and aqua together. I’m thinking of adding some heart garland. Maybe a weekend project?
4. So we live in Indy and there is this big event that is coming up next week that is in our city. You may have heard of it? The Superbowl. So I have heard from a reliable source (the husband) people start arriving this weekend for a week of festivities leading up to the big game next weekend. The city has been preparing for a while as you can imagine. A whole “village” has been built downtown, tons of free concerts and many more activities. We haven’t quite decided if we are going to brave it and venture downtown to check it out but it is a once in a lifetime thing so maybe. I have also heard that Indianapolis Colts fans DO NOT like the Patriots and are NOT happy about all these New Englanders invading our city. So I’m just gonna go with it. Go Giants!
5. Last night Mase prayed the sweetest, most honest prayer:
Jesus I pray that my sisters would ask you into their hearts before you come back. And I pray you don’t come back any time soon because I want my sisters to be in heaven with me and they have to pray to you first. Thank Jesus for my two sisters. It is a lot of hard work. But it is worth it. Amen.
So sweet. So honest.
On that note, happy Friday!